2 Tbsp molasses
2 C pumpkin puree (or 1 15 oz can)
1 3/4 C GF All-Purpose Flour Blend
1 C granulated cane sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (*omit if included in flour blend)
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
8 Tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Whisk together eggs, molasses, and pumpkin puree. Set aside.
- With a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum*, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add softened butter and mix until evenly crumbly.
- Add pumpkin mixture a little at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat for 1 to 3 minutes until the mixture is fluffy.
- Using a 1/4 C measuring cup, scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and mound the cups full.
- Let the muffins rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the middle muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins rest for 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Enjoy muffins while they’re still warm.
YIELD: 12 muffins
Recipe adapted from Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins from King Arthur Baking Company.