My son finished his preschool program a few weeks ago, so I took some time to organize our home library and the books we used for his curriculum. Here are his absolute favorites that would make an excellent addition to your bookshelves at home.
Tap on the book titles to shop.
- Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss (Random House)
- Treasury of Picture Book Classics: A Child’s First Collection (Harper Collins)
The collection includes Goodnight Moon, Caps for Sale, Harold and the Purple Crayon, Crictor, A Baby Sister for Frances, Leo the Late Bloomer, William’s Doll, A Chair for My Mother, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Chrysanthemum, From Head to Toe, and Pete’s a Pizza.
- A Big Quiet House retold by Heather Forest, illustrated by Susan Greenstein (August House LittleFolk)
- Go, Dog, Go! by P.D. Eastman (Random House)
- George and Martha: The Complete stories of Two Best Friends by James Marshall (Houghton Mifflin)
This collectors edition consists of all 35 George and Martha stories!
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault, illustrated by Lois Ehlert (Little Simon)
Science and the World Around Us
- What Do People Do All Day? by Richard Scarry (Golden Books)
- Look Inside Your Body by Louie Stowell and Kate Leake (Usborne)
- Space by Sarah Powell, Nicole Friggens, and Katherine Radcliffe (Priddy Books)
- Little Kids First Big Book of Who by Jill Esbaum (National Geographic)
- See Inside How Things Work by Conrad Mason, illustrated by Colin King (Usborne)