I enjoy making homemade pizza for dinner. It’s my little guy’s favorite meal, so I’ve had plenty of opportunities to get this gluten free recipe just right.
It’s light yet sturdy with a soft base and a crispy crust. After tweaking the recipe numerous times, I can happily say this is the best recipe for pizza crust I’ve ever made. Enjoy!
3 Cups 1 to 1 gluten free all-purpose flour (with xanthan gum included)
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 teaspoon regular extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment,) mix the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, honey, and water. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Raise the mixer speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pizza pan with olive oil to make it non-stick. Press the dough out with your fingers (you might need to spray your fingers if it starts sticking) and cover the sheet completely. Lightly brush about a teaspoon of regular extra virgin olive oil on the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add sauce and toppings.
- Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes until your cheese is melted. Enjoy!