What can you do when your counters are full of fresh peppers and tomatoes from the garden? Slice them up for supper!
The first time I made this sheet pan supper, our kids (1 and 4 years old) loved it! It’s a great recipe to have on hand because it’s quick, healthy, and delicious.
2 chicken breasts
1/4 white onion
1 large tomato
2 green peppers
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. each of the following– salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder, minced garlic
2 cups Minute Rice
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Line your sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Slice chicken breasts in half to create four equal sized servings. Place on baking sheet.
- Slice onion, peppers and tomato. Spread the veggies evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the spices evenly over the chicken breasts. Add the onion, pepper, and tomato slices.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so.
- When the chicken & veggies have 10 minutes to go, follow the package directions for the rice. When the rice is finished, add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and mix until melted. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve chicken & veggies on top of rice.